Mac on PC

Metal Supported Graphics Cards for Hackintosh

On 3/27/2019 at 9:45 AM, Hackintosh said:

Please help !!

When I enable graphics acceleration (nvda_drv=1) I hear usb audio cracking when recording only. Playback is ok.
When I disable graphics acceleration (nv_disable=1), Usb audio recording works perfectly.
Are the any ideas how to achieve graphics acceleration without audio glitches?

Thanks in advance

My specs
CPU Nvidia Getforce 710 2giga
CPU Intel Q9600 Quad
Memory 4giga DDR2
SSD hard drive
Motherboard EP41-UD3L GIGABYTE (LECACY)

Hello,

I have and GeForce GTX 670 4GB and is working perfect in Niresh Mojave, I'm trying with Niresh Catalina to install it but it is not working due to graphic issues. Any Idea if the GTX 640 4GB work on Catalina?

Thanks in advance.

@rokrmotolovers Hey. As you know, Apple designs their own computers. Naturally, the Operating System they make will be constructed to work best with the hardware they choose. Apple's PCs or Laptops come with either Intel processor + Intel iGPU (integrated Graphics Processing Unit) or with Intel processor + AMD dGPU (dedicated Graphics Processing Unit). If you have any hope on working with Nvidia dGPU, it is by installing experimental drivers, which, correct me if I'm wrong, are NOT made by Apple. It makes sense because Apple has no reason to implement Nvidia drivers for their OS when they don't use them. However, recently, people have been installing eGPUs (external Graphics Processing Unit, it is when you have a GPU outside of your case and motherboard) because of demanding programs (like Adobe or 3D Designing programs) and inability of provided hardware to cope up with professional needs. For that case, Apple created the Metal API which will take full advantage of supported GPUs (known APIs are OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan, Direct3D (which is contained inside DirectX). Of course, there is no reason to support the GTX 650 Ti or any other of the same power range graphics cards since the GPUs that iMacs and Mac Pros come with, have double, triple and even more performance.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2019 at 1:15 PM, Hackintosh said:

macOS requires metal compatible graphics card since the release of macOS Mojave.

Without a metal compatible graphics card you can not have full Graphics Acceleration in Mojave, NVidia has not released any web drivers for Mojave.

If you are a Hackintosher & Looking for Metal Supported Graphics Card This is the place for it.

Here is the list of Metal Compatible Graphics Card

GTX 680 2GB Edition | GTX 680 4GB Edition This is one of the basic Nvidia graphics card that is know to work with Mojave without web drivers

GTX 680 Hackintosh Graphics Card.jpg

• PCI-e 3.0
  • Minimum of a 550 Watt power supply
  • 4096MB | 2048MB GDDR5 256bit
  • Nvidia SMX Engine, Nvidia GPU Boost, NVidia Adaptive Verticle Sync, Nvidia Surround, Support for Concurrent Displays, Nvidia PhysX, Nvidia 3D Vision Ready, Nvidia SLI Ready, Nvidia CUDA Technology

Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition - XFX $154.99 AMD Card with better performance, 8GB DDR5 Memory, Dual BIOS can be used for Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency Mining and Gaming

Hackintosh Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition - XFX.jpg

• Chipset: AMD RX 570
  • Memory: 8GB DDR5
  • Dual Bios - Gaming and Cryptocurrency Mining
  • XFX Double Dissipation Cooling Design

XFX RX 570 8GB Factory Over Clocked Card $169.99 This is a Factory Over Clocked AMD Card with better performance than 570 RS , 8GB DDR5 Memory, Dual BIOS can be used for Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency Mining and Gaming

Hackintosh XFX RX 570 8GB Factory Over Clocked Card.jpg

• 1328MHz Clock Speed

• Factory Overclocked
  • XFX Dual Dissipation Cooling Technology
  • Dual BIOS - Gaming and Mining

Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB

Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB.jpg

• 2 x HDMI; 1 x DVI-D; 2 x DP
  • 256-bit Memory Bus
  • Cooling Technology: Dual Fan. OS-Windows 10,7
  • Boost Clock:1366 MHz

MSI Graphic Cards RX 580 Armor 8G OC

MSI VGA Graphic Cards RX 580 Armor 8G OC.jpg

• Chipset: AMD Radeon RX 580
  • Boost / Base Core Clock: 1366 MHz
  • Video Memory: 8GB GDDR5. Form Factor: Plug-in Card
  • Memory Interface: 256-bit; Bus: PCI-Express 3.0 x16
  • Recommended psu is 500 watt. Core name is polaris 20 xtx. Directx version support is 12.
  • Opengl version support is 4.5

AMD Radeon VII 16GB

AMD Radeon VII Hackintosh.jpg

• 7nm Gaming GPU for exceptional performance and amazing experiences for the latest AAA, esports and Virtual Reality (VR) titles 
  • 1750 MHz boost clock for extreme performance overhaul
  • GPU Tweak II makes monitoring performance and streaming easier than ever, featuring Game Booster and XSplit Gamecaster, all via an intuitive interface.
  • XSplit Gamecaster offers premium streaming with in-game annotations
  • Wtfast 6 months subscription allows you to play free from lag, latency and lost packets

On 3/27/2019 at 1:15 PM, Hackintosh said:

macOS requires metal compatible graphics card since the release of macOS Mojave.

Without a metal compatible graphics card you can not have full Graphics Acceleration in Mojave, NVidia has not released any web drivers for Mojave.

If you are a Hackintosher & Looking for Metal Supported Graphics Card This is the place for it.

GTX 680 2GB Edition | GTX 680 4GB Edition This is one of the basic Nvidia graphics card that is know to work with Mojave without web drivers

• PCI-e 3.0
  • Nvidia SMX Engine, Nvidia GPU Boost, NVidia Adaptive Verticle Sync, Nvidia Surround, Support for Concurrent Displays, Nvidia PhysX, Nvidia 3D Vision Ready, Nvidia SLI Ready, Nvidia CUDA Technology

Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition - XFX $154.99 AMD Card with better performance, 8GB DDR5 Memory, Dual BIOS can be used for Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency Mining and Gaming

XFX RX 570 8GB Factory Over Clocked Card $169.99 This is a Factory Over Clocked AMD Card with better performance than 570 RS , 8GB DDR5 Memory, Dual BIOS can be used for Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency Mining and Gaming

• 1328MHz Clock Speed

• Factory Overclocked

• 256-bit Memory Bus

• Recommended psu is 500 watt. Core name is polaris 20 xtx. Directx version support is 12.

AMD Radeon VII 16GB

• 7nm Gaming GPU for exceptional performance and amazing experiences for the latest AAA, esports and Virtual Reality (VR) titles 
  • GPU Tweak II makes monitoring performance and streaming easier than ever, featuring Game Booster and XSplit Gamecaster, all via an intuitive interface.
  • Wtfast 6 months subscription allows you to play free from lag, latency and lost packets

Hello Team, i have a budget concern so building on used pc parts. should I consider buying an rx480, as it is natively supported by Mac OS ?. Forgot to mention made it to work flawlessly on a ECS mobo h110m4-c43 with i3 7100 LGA1151 socket. Managed to get Audio using Apple ALC kext and using HDMI for audio right now. Everything is ultra smooth on board graphics. Ordered Fenvi 1200Mbps Broadcom BCM94360CS2, it will take at least 45 days to receive the package as Chinese new year vacation has started. will test that out and post a complete build budget and review of ownership. 

hi guys!

I'm planning to install macOS on my HP Notebook - 17-bs011dx (full specs Here).

My laptop only has an integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620. 

Is that graphics compatible with Metal?

Thanks in advance

Humberto

On 3/27/2019 at 3:45 AM, Hackintosh said:

• PCI-e 3.0

• 1328MHz Clock Speed

• Factory Overclocked

• 256-bit Memory Bus

AMD Radeon VII 16GB

Hi, RTX 2060 Mobile is supported? Can i install without GPU, using the iGPU? 

Hi,

I own a "Gigabyte Radeon GV- RX 5700 XT" and a "Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 2060 OC".

Is there a possibility that one of these cards works with Catalina?

Thank you