OSINSTALL.POSTSCRIPT.PKG

I have tried to install sierra multiple times now and it comes right to the last second of the install and i get the error "an error occurred while running scripts from the package OSInstall.postscript.pkg" 

Specs 

Msi 970 mobo 

AmdFX 8350 cpu

Gigabyte 1050TI Gpu

I have the same error but after rebooting i booted sierra and it works perfectly except for my graphics card(msi radeon r9 380 4gb).

Sorry for my english.

My pc specs:

Cpu: Amd FX 8320 @ 4.5Ghz

Mobo: Asrock 970 Extreme 4

Grpahics Card: Msi Radeon r9 380 4GB Gaming OC

Ram: Goodram Play 24Gb 1866mhz

Case: Cooler Master Haf XB Evo Lan Box

Cpu Cooler: Silentium PC Fera 2

Looks like an AMD-specific problem. The script mentioned fails to copy the kernel over. See the log excerpt below.

Oct 10 15:03:58 iMac OSInstaller[519]: PackageKit: Executing script "./postinstall" in /Volumes/Macintosh HD/.PKInstallSandboxManager/7DF6571B-78AE-49FC-8521-B29AE1D3A044.activeSandbox/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.p8OIb0
Oct 10 15:04:02 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall: Clover bootloader detected
Oct 10 15:04:02 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall: Installing AMD Kernel
Oct 10 15:04:02 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall: cp: /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.amd: No such file or directory
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall: Error: kernel filename invalid
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall: usage: kextcache -prelinked-kernel <filename> [options] [--] [kext or directory]
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall:        kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall:        kextcache [options] -prelinked-kernel
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall:        kextcache -invalidate <volume> 
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall:        kextcache -update-volume <volume> [options]
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall:        kextcache -system-caches [options]
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall: use kextcache -help for an explanation of each option
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall: Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[3477] exited with status 64.
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ./postinstall: Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “OSInstall.postscript.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=./OSInstall.postscript.pkg -- file:///System/Installation/Packages/Hackintosh-Zone.mpkg#Distribution, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “OSInstall.postscript.pkg”.} {
	    NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
	    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cOSInstall.postscript.pkg\U201d.";
	    NSURL = "./OSInstall.postscript.pkg -- file:///System/Installation/Packages/Hackintosh-Zone.mpkg#Distribution";
	    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script";
	}
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: OSIInstallElement <OSIInstallElement: 0x7fcf43e94530> errored out:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “OSInstall.postscript.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=./OSInstall.postscript.pkg -- file:///System/Installation/Packages/Hackintosh-Zone.mpkg#Distribution, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “OSInstall.postscript.pkg”.}
Oct 10 15:04:20 iMac OSInstaller[519]: ------- Install Failed -------

Hello , first sorry for my bad english because i’m french. I have solve this error with transmac on windows, i put the kernel.amd (/System/Library/Kernels/untiteldfolder)

in /System/Library/Kernels on the USB installer and it work.

• Like 2

can you give me some more help?
what is kernal.amd? and where did you find it?
there is no /System/Library/Kernels in catalina installation boot disk, what should i do?

49 minutes ago, ChopStickFTW said:

And how do i change the bios date

Upon POST of your PC, check what BIOS key your motherboard/brand of machine is, for example, Dell. Press F2 when you see the logo, and change the date self-explanatory from there.

@akerr93 Hi! I got the same problem, I just flashed the dmg file again to the usb, and when i tried to install macOS again it didn't gave me an error. So I think that maybe their whas a problem when you flashed your usb. I hope this helps you.

Fix Mojave install error:

1. After you formate you hdd. 

2. open terminal and type

"Date" Without the " !

it wil show the date 2001

3. Again type

"date 101615072016"

enter and close terminal 

4. start Your install will work.

and your done.

"Date" Without the " !

3. Again type 

"date 101615072016"

enter and close terminal 

4. Dont forget the patches and your install will work.

1 minute ago, imac27" said:

"Date" Without the " !

3. Again type 

"date 101615072016"

enter and close terminal 

4. Dont forget the patches and your install will work.

I have same problem, but time change dont working. Can anyone help me? I also tried new .dmg file burning on flash drive with transmac

hi, i can't deal with it.

1. the installation window opens

2. I'm going to the terminal

3. I am changing the date to the previous one.

4. I close the terminal

5. I accept the regulations

6. Format the disk

7. Install the system and an error appears.

the same happens when I change the date given by the previous post

date 101615072016

this date does not work and this also does not work

0924000019 date