So, I successfully installed Mavericks 10.9.0 with default the costume settings because which they work great apart from 2 things.
First of all I would like to tell you what I have done until now regarding OS X:
1) The only thing I have installed is the AMD install Helper 1.1.1 using the Mavericks kernel inside which fixes some small issues.
2) I have set in org.chameleon.Boot.plist the GraphicsEnabler to no.
- The first and most important issue I would like to fix is the sound. My motherboard uses ALC889 codec and from what I read a lot of people have problems with it.
My current kexts I use are the default in Mavericks installation usb. My sound in shattered, laggy, shitty and I cannot hear anything to be honest, also when I play something I think that the performance of OS X is dropping a bit. I only have sound (or whatever is that I am hearing) in the green rear port.
What I have tried until now: 1) Slytherin and multibeast and some patched AppleHDA on top of the default kexts from the installation.
2) Slytherin and multibeast some patched AppleHDA on a clean install without any kext for sound. That had as a result to get "No output devices found" in System Preferences > Sound.
3) Have tickled with settings in Audio HDMI setup with 1) and I get a lot of loud unbearable static.
- My second problem is with my graphics card. After the AMD Install Helper 1.1.1 I have seen a lot of small but nice to see improvements and I also have ran some benchmarks. The graphics are not that bad, but are not that good either. In ultra settings except multisample I get around 30 FPS. For example I tried to play some games and instead of ultra settings graphics I have to use low.
What I have tied until now: 1) I have just tried some kexts from several sites/ forums and the result of those was OS X not booting, OS X loading infinitely.
My System Specs are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-D3 (with ALC889 Audio codec)
CPU: AMD Phenom II 960T
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition (non-flashed, I do NOT know how to flash it and I have read that some people got great results without flashing the 6870, in older OS X versions at least)
The graphics card is connected to the screen via an HDMI cable, I do NOT know if that has something to do with the sound
SSD: Sandisk 128Gb Ultra Plus (AHCI)
Thank you all for the help in advance and I hope we help some other people too.